Your SEO optimized title

Fort San Pedo Cebu City


Inside Fort San Pedro Cebu



Fort San Pedro Entrance Cebu City


  • Fort San Pedro is located in the area now called Plaza Indepedencia, in the Pier Area of Cebu City. The Fort is named after Legazpi's flagship in the 1565 expedition the Cebu from Mexico. Construction of the Fort started in May 1565 under Legazpi's supervision.
  • Historically there are no records about the Fort until 1739 when a report was sent to King Phillip 11 of Spain about it. In 1738 it was deemed finished which probably refers to its present stone construction.
  • San Pedro Fort is triangular in shape, with two sides facing the sea and the third side fronting the land. The two sides facing the sea were defended with artillery and the front with a strong palisade made of wood. The three bastions were named La ConcepciĆ³n (Southwest side); Ignacio de Loyola (Southeast side), and San Miguel (Northeast side). The total inside area is 2,025 square meters. The walls are 20 feet (6.1 meters) high, 8 feet (2.4 meters) thick and the towers are 30 feet (9.1 meters) high from the ground level. The circumference is 1,248 feet (380 meters). The sides are of unequal lengths and the one fronting the city is where one may find entry into the Fort. 



Fort San Pedro Cebu City and Legazpi's Statue



Drawing of Original Fort San Pedro Cebu