Welcome to AsiasWorld.
- Asia's world is a free Internet encyclopedia about South and East
Asia for travelers and students. We seek to offer the finest quality
images and text content
about what to explore and see. This site is written by experts who have
actually visited all places they write about. We offer to explain what
is distinctive about
Asia, what to look for and what to understand about ethnic
diversity, religions and belief systems, culture, and how these are
reflected in art and
- Asia's world explores themes in each region, these are ethnic cultures, history, and the art and architecture of each ethnic group in their respective region.
- Asia's world also explores Asia heritage sites, the places of significant natural beauty and offers suggested priorities on what to see and where.
- Asia's world explains the various religions, origin myths, social and cultural concepts of Asia. In doing so we do not paraphrase the teachings of each but explain the scope of the beliefs and the job specifications of the various ''Gods''.
- We presently publish over 1,000 topic pages and seek to double this with detailed coverage about India, China, Korea and Japan. Readers wishing to following this path are invited to subscribe to our daily downloads on Facebook, Twitter and Google +.
- The purpose of this section of the Site is to explain religion in Asian societies and in doing so mention what each religion believes, and more importantly what it rejects or simply fails to consider.
- The important point to remember is that believing, or accepting, a religion in Asia, such as Buddhism, Shintoism or Daoism (Taoism) does not mean one believes in ''God''. In fact religions such as Buddhism expressly reject the notion of a ''God''. The function of these religions is to create self awareness about different things and hence their ability to co-exist.
- Other religions such as Hinduism provide for the belief in many ''Gods''. The rational for the co-existence here of numerous ''Gods'' is that their respective job specifications vary, unlike the function of the mono ''God'' in Islam, Judaism and Christianity which is all embracing, absolute and which refuses to tolerate otherwise.
Gold Image Of Tsongkhap, Founder Buddhist Yellow Hat Sect
- Angkor is the most import tourist site in Southeast Asia. Angkor refers to the cluster of ancient Khmer monuments in the region of Siem Reap, Cambodia. Any visit to Angkor needs at least 3 or 4 days there to drive to and inspect up to 45 sites in the immediate region. Asia's World seeks to better explain and illustrate this amazing location. The buildings are a source knowledge. Whilst the positions of the planets and stars can be determined without using trigonometry in Khmer astronomy, it is clear with some Temples that the angles between towers, the moon and sun, and the observation points in the Temples, that these were carefully calculated and that by the 5th and 6th C the Indian astronomy adopted in Cambodia included that knowledge first recorded by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- Khmer existence was totally dictated by Hindu beliefs, astrology and subjugation to the Gods and their God Kings. The role of architecture was to demonstrate these beliefs for the believers and enforce by demonstration the system to those subjugated to the system. As this Asia's World explains.
Angkor Wat Temple Angkor
Asia's World and understanding Thailand and Thai People.
Thailand is a modern democratic Nation in Central South East Asia. ‘’
Thai ‘’ is the Tai word for ‘’ free ’’. The ‘’ Thai ’’ identity was
formed in the late 13 th century at Sukhothai and is not to be confused
with ‘’ Tai ’’ the name of the ethnic groups of people who migrated from
Yunnan in the 12 th and 13 th centuries.
The character of the Thai Nation today and of its people can only
be appreciated by exploring its 2000 years of recorded history and the
cultures of the various ethnic groups of peoples who live here.
Thailand’s natural landscape includes tropical wet evergreen
forests in the South to temperate deciduous forests in the North and we
explore these in the Thailand National Parks.
- Thailand art architecture and decorative objects need to be considered with regard to the influences of religion, mythological beliefs and regional artistic styles. Thailand is so large and diverse we detail all about it in separate regions, North or Northern Thailand, South or Southern Thailand , Central Thailand and North East Thailand (I'san).
Wat Pho Bangkok Buddha Image Thailand